Zoodle Fettuccine + Salmon
1 Filet of Wild Caught Fresh or Frozen Salmon
(Why wild caught vs farmed fish? Read Allie's blog by clicking on link above)
1-2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Dressing. (You can sub another marinate or make your own with Olive Oil, Lemon and Dijon.)
- 1 package of Veggie Noodles or your own "zoodled" veggie noodle. About 3 Zucchinis per person
- 1/2 cup Frozen Organic Peas
- 1 Tbl Ghee or Grass Fed Butter ( I use Fourth & Heart Vanilla Ghee)
- 1 Tbl Cassava Flour or other flour of choice
- 1/2 - 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Lemon, juiced
1) In a baking dish, coat your salmon with desired glaze and then bake at 375 for 14 min or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
2.) In a separate pan, cook your veggie noodles and peas in a clean pan, no oils, for about 5 minutes or until soft enough. You can use a paper towel to soak up some of the liquid if you need to. Set aside.
FOR THE SAUCE:
3.) In a sauce pan, melt your butter or ghee. Then add your flour and stir until it makes a paste or a "roux." Add 1/2 of your coconut milk, slowly while stirring. Continue to add your milk and stir until you get your desired consistency. Add your lemon juice and curry and mix. Keep on a super low heat and continue to stir occasionally.
4.) Plate! Zoodles and peas first, salmon next, sauce over the top! Garnish with basil and lemon. Enjoy!