Summer has officially arrived - which means we are now entering the season of camping, grilling and swimming! We know all too well how easy it is to grab hotdogs and hamburgers at the store before heading out to the campgrounds. They're quick, cheap and convenient but they're also extremely unhealthy for you. We are here to tell you that you don't have to eat bad food while camping. We ate so well last weekend on our trip, and it was just as quick and easy as burgers and dogs.
- Breakfast Potatoes - Diced potatoes, onions and bell peppers from Vons. These came already diced in its only little container for only $2.99. It was enough to feed us both mornings.
- Organic Eggs - I bought six organic eggs for $1.79, which was plenty for the two of us.
- Fresh fruit - A huge bowl of it from Vons for $4.99.
- Sandwiches - Turkey, Cheese and lettuce sandwiches.
- Sun Chips - (Not the healthiest, but it could be worse.)
- Veggie Tray and Cheese
- Beer - This doesn't count.
- 2 Ribeye Steaks - These were pretty pricey, but that's just because of the cut we chose. $22.99
- Asparagus, Mushrooms & Red Onions - Already chopped up in a container at Vons for $3.99. I poured a little bit of our wed wine in with it white they sautéed. It couldn't have been from a restaurant.
- Bread - I sprayed pam on the bread slices and stuck them on the grill. SO GOOD!
DINNER - (The second night)
- Chicken Kabobs - Already marinated. $10.00
- Corn on the cob - We peeled back the husks and sprayed PAM on the corn and added salt and pepper. Then we pulled the husk back over the corn and tied at the top and stuck it on the grill. $2.50
- Macaroni Salad - $2.50
- Jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in bacon - These were already made from Vons - 5 of them for $4.00