Looking for something different to cook for dinner? This recipe is so easy, so quick and SO delicious.
I am currently doing a 30 day nutrition and fitness challenge, so I took the recipe I found online and made it my own. Now, it's okay to eat during my challenge. AND my family loved it! So I am happy to say, this recipe is gluten free, no soy, no dairy, and ALMOST vegan... if you consider shrimp off limits.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp of Grated Ginger Root
- 2 Tbsp of Yellow Curry Powder
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth - Organic and Low Sodium
- 1 lbs Raw De-shelled Shrimp
- Lime Juice
- 2 12 oz cans of coconut milk
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on med to high heat. Stir constantly, cooking shrimp until it's pink (about 1-2 min.) season with dash of salt & pepper to taste. Remove shrimp from the pot leaving juices inside. Set shrimp aside.
- Throw garlic, onion and bell pepper into the pot and cook until tender (about 2-3 min).
- Add in the ginger and stir until fragrant (about 1 min).
- Add the yellow curry powder and stir until well combined (about 1-2 min).
- Whisk coconut milk and vegetable broth in gradually until combined.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 8-10 min to thicken.
- Add the shrimp, lime juice to taste and fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Prep (10 min)
Cook (20 Min)
Meal Ready in 30 Min