By Guest Blogger - Justin Smith
When you're trying to stick to a healthy eating plan or diet, it can definitely become difficult with so many sweet temptations surrounding us today. American society is chalk full of high calorie, high fat, sugar filled indulgences that can easily destroy any health conscience dieter's day. But have no fear; you can still stick to your nutritional plan while enjoying this delicious and healthy dessert option. It is guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Dark Chocolate-Banana Paleo Pudding
- 1 egg
- 1/2 very ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop chocolate flavored whey protein
- 10g raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Add the egg, avocado, banana and coconut milk to a small food processor and process until very smooth and creamy.
2. Add dried cocoa powder, carob powder, instant coffee, salt, cinnamon and protein powder and process again until well combined and creamy.
3. Add hazelnuts and shredded coconut and give a few extra spins until the hazelnuts are reduced to tiny little pieces.
4. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Garnish with a small spoonful of coconut cream, shredded coconut or fruit.
6. This will keep in the refrigerator for a few days in an airtight container.